Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Very Belated Birthday Post

I cannot believe it's halfway through February and I've yet to make a post this year. I started a New Year Post, and never finished it. Forget Christmas this year. I do have a Hollywood Museum post that I have had sitting my my queue I suppose I just forgot to publish. Time just keeps getting away from me.

That seems like it is going to be a theme this year for me, now that I am aged twenty five, whole years old. Time is just something that fleets so much quicker then I can handle, but I will do my best to keep enduring on anyway.

I tend to enjoy a pretty easy birthday. I actually enjoy spending it alone, eating my favorite foods, curled up watching some of my favorite films in some kind of extravagant outfit I never have a chance to wear out, and reflect a bit on the fact I am now a year older.

This year however my mother demanded on taking me out, so after my traditional blueberry muffins for breakfast....



and my mother and father unloading their lovely gifts upon me (A few autobiographies, a bakelite bracelet, a diamond candle, a 25 sterling charm for my charm bracelet, two flats of my beloved altoids, a gorgeous 1940's red cape and a new canon camera to capture the rest of the day with) we headed over to The Orange Circle, where I had not been for quite awhile, which is strange because one would think my love for everything vintage would cause me to gravitate there much more frequently.

Anyhow, I hadn't been since probably my high school years, and enjoyed walking through a handful of vintage stores and antique malls, pretending I was in 'That Thing You Do'. If you haven't seen (what I consider a modern classic, although I suppose it's not exactly modern anymore) the film, it's absolutely one of the funnest movies I can think of and the Orange Circle is rather famous for the filming taking place there.(And they won't let you forget it!) I found so many things I wanted! I know the first place I'll go if I win the lottery, the antique mall with the case full of bakelite bangles! I nearly had a heart attack.





Stopped into the adorable record store where I chatted with the owner about my love of Elvis.




We ate a late lunch at Watson's drug store, I can honestly say I hadn't had a meal that made me so full so very quickly in a very long time. I even got a cream soda, and it was absolutely out-of-this-world. The server was really nice and I was relieved to skip a restaurant where they'd try to sing me happy birthday. I was a little sore they were out of my bubble gum cigarettes.. but I suppose I kicked that habit so maybe it's for the best.




The weather got a little cold for my taste so we headed out early and I ended the night with a plate full of french macaroons in-loo of my usual funfetti cake and put on one of my favorite films, 'It Happened One Night'. No better way to end a great day then with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert at their sassiest.



Minnie sure wanted to take a dive into my macaroons, and I couldn't blame her. I think I might be a Merely Sweets addict. In my dreams I eat nothing but french macaroons.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you were spoilt rotten...lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete