Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sleeping, Thrifting & A Graduation

Have been having a fun few days full of sleeping in ( although doing it mostly because of my feeling rather unwell ) and a few stops at thrift stores in-between attempting to do some rather belated spring cleaning.

On Friday I ended up getting very lucky by finding a perfectly new Betsey Johnson bag for a mere $11 a black dress for $4, some amazing vintage hosiery for $2 and a long teal robe for $5 which was close to something I've been looking for for what feels like forever. It's such a warm, happy feeling when you discover something that you've had your minds eye on, it's a bit like bliss.

After my fantastic quick shopping stop, last night I had to get myself together rather hurriedly and head out to my baby cousin Alexandra's high school graduation. It's so strange that she's old enough to be done with that stage of her life, and is kind of making me feel extra old. I'm very proud of her though, and she sang during their ceremony, just like a chip off the ole' block. Us girls love to get our sing on.






Was hoping to head out to the Besame store grand opening today, but by the time I got home from all the festivities last night my body was just denying any waking up before noon. So I guess I'll just have to make that trek in the near future. Today I'll just lounge around in my new robe & ever so slowly get some of that cleaning done.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You in the blue robe! So saucy and yet classy, the perfect combination! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue kimono robe!
    I have one in yellow I picked up secondhand from somewhere and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear =)
    I just found your blog now and I'm loving it.
    You're very very beautiful,and I'm in love with your robe!
    I also have a blog, so if you want to take a peek and want to follow my page, feel it is a pleasure.

    http://callmemisslilsusie.blogspot.pt/

    P.S.Sorry my bad English.

    With love
    Miss Lil'Susie <3

    ReplyDelete